The knee exercises for enhancing the stability improvement of all lower extremity joints, with no influence on it that are dedicated to the knee joint.
The exercises often pose methods of progression, but otherwise, we can choose a set of guidelines to evolve the difficulty:
- Demand increased muscle tension by using elements that hinder the task (ankle, weight bars, etc.)
- Reduce the base of support: support on one foot, or on the toes or other parts of them.
- Use irregular support surfaces: mats, balls, boards, etc.
- Restrict the information coming by the senses: first do the exercises in the mirror, then without the mirror and finally with eyes closed.
Training exercises for the knees:
Start with simple exercises and once mastered, move on to more complex exercises.
- Exercise to strengthen knee bend: keep standing upright with feet deep breath together, flexing vertically down the knees into a squatting position. At the same time raise your arms forward for balance. Repeat 10-15 times.
- With the legs well separated and the hands supported in the legs, to raise a knee and then the other. Repeating 5 times with each one.
- With your feet slightly apart advance a leg with the knee flexed and loaded upon it the weight of the body. Then return to the position start and do the same with the other leg. Repeat 5 times with each leg.
- With your feet slightly apart took a knee to the chest and hold hands, then do the same with the other. Repeat the exercise 10 times with each leg.
Extension of the knee
- Sitting on a high table that does not allow your feet touch the ground, place a weight on the instep of one foot. We submit to the edge of the table. Lift your foot that has the weight to fully stretch the leg and keep few seconds. We then descend slowly to the starting position. Repeated 25 times and change the weight on the other foot.
- Lying face down on the floor, we support the toes and keep the legs straight. Keeping legs straight, pressing the toes to the knees off the ground, while supporting the hip. Hold this position for few seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat 25 moves and 30 seconds rest for another 25 moves.