The off-season is the favorite stage as a bodybuilder competition culminates is the time to consider new things and the first step is to determine what you want to do and set some goals, because if this is not done simply destroys everything the work of years of sacrifice.
Recommendations for bulking
When you work with goals requires written have everything from nutrition to training cycles, you should record the weight, calorie goals, the satisfaction index or even the level of perceived stress, but the most important thing here is shopping and grocery list should be made wisely.
Determine the target weight and body fat goals, the practitioner in bulking should not worry about the fat but no need to exceed 15% which will lead to massive muscle gains in many cases to reach 8 10 kg of pure muscle with some fat.
When you have a goal pretentious as this amount of muscle mass first thing to plan is the diet and the best way to achieve success is to get to eat as if it were being at that weight with a total of approximately 30 kcal per kg body weight for ectomorph, 25 kcal and 20 kcal for mesomorphic endomorphs, in the case of ecto / meso bodybuilders it reaches approximately 7500 calories a day that may sound incredible can be achieved quite easily.
Nutritionists cite that you can reach the daily target consuming calorie dense foods, some fast food and some good smoothies loaded, the variety is very important here because eating to increase monotonically volume is very boring and there is no reason to do so.
Tuna and rice are traditional choices, but when it comes to food for bulking could cite quality cheeses, milk, natural peanut butter, various meats and essential fatty acids, the experts add that it is better to eat 5 to 6 times because they are trying to speed up the metabolism, but what you should do is to slow to eat more food at each meal and less often.
Ideas for the days of bulking
- At breakfast: 7-10% lean ground beef, cheese and honey cereal, oatmeal, bagels, whole eggs, bananas and recipes made with egg white powder.
- At lunch: tortillas, ground beef, cheese sauces and spices, preferably whole grain breads, white rice and pasta hyperproteinic.
- At snack: dried fruit smoothies and milk with biscuit sandwiches or bread with natural peanut butter, cream cheese and some lean avocado
- At dinner: fish, broccoli, brown or white rice, ground beef, peppers, potatoes and steak `beef or chicken.
- Before bed: 4 crackers much peanut butter, cottage cheese 2 sticks and a big glass of milk in addition to providing delicious food required until the body is awake.
- A couple of days a week is interesting to go to a local fast foods and eat the rich double cheeseburgers, fries and a shake and getting about 3,000 calories in one meal, it will help the metabolism and increased volume .
The post-workout nutrition
A very important issue is the post-workout consume most of their calories in the first 3 meals on training days, the primary source of energy is the conversion of glycogenesis during the formation of glycogen from glucose.
Glycogen is synthesized according to the demand of glucose and ATP (energy), and if both are present in relatively high amounts, then excess insulin promotes the conversion of glucose to glycogen for storage in muscle and liver cells.
Remember that immediately after training to replenish glycogen stores should follow some steps.
- At this time the cells are depleted muscle glycogen stores and have a response as soon as possible to promote recovery and cell repair.
- In this case the proteins can not be used for cellular repair, because they regulate glycogen depletion.
- The best way for this is to use a carbohydrate very high glycemic index with an easily digestible protein that exists for rapid transport of nutrients to the cell and repair occurs.
- It is also recommended creatine 10 grams and 10 grams of glutamine because the muscles are then particularly as a sponge and glutamine helps the protein will muscle cells instead of feeding the intestinal tract.
It also recommends that after this, to repair connective tissue and muscle cells should place special emphasis on the next meals that are of great importance as it is still within the so-called window of opportunity.
- First is ideal protein but low in fat and moderate glycemic carbohydrate that is filling the tank so to speak, but no longer needed fast proque hydrates most of our glycogen is replenished with glucose, in this case it is preferable to eat blue fish, chicken breast, or tuna accompanied by broccoli, rice or baked potatoes.
- After the third and last in importance meal should include essential fatty acids for tissue repair, primarily tendon and ligament tissue, here you can eat 6-8 whole eggs, avocados, 4-6 pancakes, bacon, and a glass of orange juice or even tortilla shells, sauces, cheese, baked potatoes, rice and some milk.