Those who are accustomed to deal every day with our friends the dumbbells, bars, discos and derivatives, understand and know that performing exercises with a perfect technique to 100 percent is impossible.
Today we will give you some tips to improve the technical bench press.
Tips to Improve Bench Press Technic
- Position of the legs in high: when we perform bench press with the intention of improving our chest and “pull” hard, must keep feet supported fully on the ground. In this way, will have greater stability in the uprising in addition to transfer greater strength with toes down (what is called leg drive). If we perform the test with your feet up, we would go from one side to another, involving the abdomen and lower back, having a high risk of injury.
- Back position in the bank: the best position to make a correct movement in bench press would be generating a small lumbar arch, without lifting your buttocks off the bench, thus there will be less complete tour, it will be easier to make the Removal and not run the risk of involving the lumbar in the uprising.
- Scapular retraction: sometimes rising to submit full tend to involve more than usual shoulders, to avoid this, we must either retract the shoulder blades, seems easy but maintaining this position requires some practice, especially to hold for all instances of each series.
- Distance from the grip: the grip should not be too open or too closed, generally should not exceed the width of our shoulders. Close grip causes more we involve the triceps and pectoral least.
- Type of grip: we must make a grip in which the bar is closed with the thumb. If no surround the bar with the thumb, we run the risk that the bar we fall on the sternum.
- Range of motion: we lower the bar all the way to the chest and never the neck. Contrary to popular belief, it is important that we make full motion ending the concentric phase with a lock joint; otherwise we will end up generating a chronic injury due to loss of strength that occurs by not making full extension.
- Weight: to comply with the foregoing, we find the right weight that allows us to make the sets and reps we have indicated in our routine. Many people are guilty of trying to lift more weight than you really can, we should avoid this at all costs and swallow our pride to avoid injury. Find the weight that allows you to make a correct technique; do not try to make a correct technique with the weight you want.