Olivia Williams Interior Design is a full service design studio, specializing in high end residential interior design and architecture.
Our Venice beach design studio is growing and we are seeking a Senior Interior Designer with 5+ years of experience to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be working alongside our Principal to assist in the delivery of all phases of our projects and will be critical in developing company standards for all of our projects. The chosen candidate will be self-motivated, passionate, a great communicator and have a desire to grow with the company as a key member of our team. Applicants should also demonstrate a strong balance between design sensitivity and technical knowledge, together with the project organization skills that are necessary to operate in a fast-paced environment on International projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Formulate design presentations, preliminary space plans and 2D, 3D design concept studies and sketches.
- Create floor plans, elevations, details, reflected ceiling plans, furniture plans, shop drawings, materials and finish schedules. Ability to field measure and document existing building conditions.
- Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting and finishes.
- Close collaboration and communication with the design team, clients, consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Capable of overseeing several projects simultaneously and adept at delegating duties across the team.
- Adept at sourcing FF&E for every corner of a property and familiar with wide scope of vendors in Los Angeles and overseas.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- At least 5 years of interior design experience at a high-end interior design/hospitality firm.
- Ability to create set of construction drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Strong AUTOCAD proficiency.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong detailing skills and understanding of all aspects of interior design.
- Strong presentation skills using rendering software, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite and hand sketches a plus.
- Must be organized in all facets of the job to ensure smooth and timely delivery of projects.
- Experience in FF&E procurement & software
- Construction management skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability, highly organized with great attention to detail.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our compensation are very competitive and commensurate with experience.
Full-time benefits package includes
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- PTO, Sick Days, Public Holidays.
Location: Venice, Los Angeles, California
Please submit resume and portfolio to: [email protected]
Back to Job List…