They will be available for streaming online November 5-8.
The Sauk, Hillsdale County’s community theatre, has reunited the cast of this summers production of “Sauk Shorts” to record them and make them available for streaming online November 5-8.
“We had such fun performing the show this summer at the Slayton Arboretum in Hillsdale,” said Sauk Executive Director Trinity Bird. “The audience was so supportive at the show. However, we knew the Covid pandemic prevented many people from seeing the production. We wanted to find a way to make the show available for anyone who wanted to see it.”
The entire cast and crew reunited in small groups to record the 11 short plays in various locations around the county.
“The playwrights were extremely supportive of our idea and because of their support we can present the entire slate of plays that were presented this summer,” Bird added.
The production includes:
– “Coaster” by Scott Mullen, Directed by Mari Nunez
– “The Prize” by Arthur Keyser, Directed by Tami Hindes
– “Ghosts of Resolutions” by Ron Burch, Directed by Angela Forant
– “The DMV One” by Nick Zagone, Directed by Ann Holt
– “Date With Death” by Steven Hayet, Directed by Josh Hall
– “Turbulence” by Tony Targan, Directed by Ron Boyle
– “A Craigslist Play” by Ruben Carbajal, Directed by Ann Holt
– “Stew” by K. Alexa Mavromatis, Directed by Trinity Bird
– “The Shadow of Flies” by G.M. (Bud) Thompson. Directed by Trinity Bird
– “Write Your Name Upon My Heart” by Matthew Weaver. Directed by Trinity Bird
The cast includes Andy Anderson, Bird, Isaiah Brown, Meaghan Bryant, Noah Bryant, Erin Brzozowski, Shannon Chen, Allison Cleveland, Savannah Durocher, Noah Honeywell, Summer Housler, Mandee Leigh Howard, John Kasper, Lisa LaFountain, Josh Lightner, Denise McCosh, Estelle McCourry, Kaylee McCoy, Sandi Miller, Andy Myers, Andrea Ortell, Keegan Oxley, Olivia Pike, Brendan Pratt, Tiffany Thatcher and Trevor Wagler.
Patrons can purchase a ticket for one of four showtimes when the recording will be streamed in real time. The show will be available to be viewed for a 24-hour period.
The “Sauk Shorts” will be streamed at 8 p.m. on November 5-7 and at 3 p.m. on November 8. All tickets are $12. This production is recommended for mature audiences. Tickets can be purchased online at www.thesauk.org or by calling 517-849-9100.
The streamed version of “Sauk Shorts” is sponsored by The Udder Side. The 2020 Sauk season is sponsored by Expressions Photography & Design. The 2020 Sauk media sponsor is WCSR Radio Hillsdale 92.1. The Sauk has received Covid relief support from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment of the Arts, the Jonesville Rotary Club and the Hillsdale County Community Foundation.