Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Wed, Nov 3 ’21Posted on:
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER – Los Angeles
TCA Architects specializes in the planning and design of next-generation, high-density multi-family housing, mixed-use and signature hospitality developments – taking pride in helping shape quality environments for everyone. The firm’s collaborative approach and industry-leading technological expertise have resulted in award-winning, sustainable projects that respect our communities and the environment.
The Senior Interior Designer is a strong and thoughtful leader with excellent communication, fresh ideas, and technical skills to lead the projects under the direction of Interior Design Director. The designer needs to be at the front end of design, able to present to clients confidently, take client feedback constructively and provide valuable trend information to the clients.
- Main design lead starting from Conceptual, Schematic, to Design Development.
- Generate design concepts, inspiration imagery, sketches, space planning, floor plans, elevations, 3D models as needed to meet intended design goals.
- Strong background developing concept and program in relation to branding and demographics.
- Design per budget constraints and be able to creatively use affordable materials for impactful result.
- Collaborate with technical team to translate design intent into technical set.
- In depth knowledge of finish materials, applications, and fabrication techniques.
- Highly skilled in millwork detailing and FF&E specification.
- Knowledgeable in local and nationwide manufacturers/vendors in order to source materials and furniture for various project locations.
- Coordinate and interact with architects, varies consultants, and vendors throughout the projects.
- Provide excellent customer service to build trust, improve reputation and ensure clients have a positive experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel for project-related responsibilities.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in large scale projects.
- Working knowledge of project types in our core markets – high-rise and mid-rise multifamily, affordable housing, students housing and mixed-use. Hospitality experience is a plus.
- Experience in all phases of design, concept through construction.
- Ability to express design ideas through design narrative, graphic and verbal communications.
- Skilled at programming, space planning, furniture layouts, reflected ceiling plans, and able to visualize a space in 3D.
- Experience and familiarity with custom fabrication.
- Knowledgeable in sourcing materials, finishes, and furnishing.
- Ability to express design ideas and solutions through hand sketching, digital modeling and renderings using our design technology tools, including Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Enscape 3D.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft OS.
- High-level of attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to work in a team environment, on multiple projects assigned to multiple offices.
Interior Architecture / Interior Design Degree from a CIDA accredited University.
The Interior Designer will be located in our downtown Los Angeles office. We offer a hybrid schedule of up to 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office.
About TCA Los Angeles:
TCA’s Downtown Los Angeles studio is within walking distance to numerous acclaimed restaurants, a burgeoning retail scene, the Fashion District, Staples Center, the Convention Center and Nokia’s LA Live. Lead by TCA Principal Eric Olsen, the staff enjoys its role as part of the vibrant urban environment. For those that live outside downtown, the studio has convenient access to a wide variety of public transportation such as the Metro system just blocks from the front door, as well as nearby Amtrak and Metrolink stations. And, with the boom of residential housing in the area, many of the team members have chosen to live, work and play right in the heart of Downtown LA!
TCA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and paid time off. We also offer bonus opportunities and the opportunity to work a flexible schedule with half days on Friday.
As part of our commitment to our staff’s professional development, TCA provides a full library of materials to train and expose young professionals to various areas of architecture and become more well-rounded Architects as they prepare for licensure. TCA also reimburses for successfully completed AXP tests and ARE exam, as well as CA licensing fees.
TCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. TCA is following all Cal/OSHA regulations regarding COVID-19 policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.