Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Wed, Jan 12 ’22Posted on:
INTERIOR DESIGNER PROJECT MANAGER – Los Angeles
Founded in 1993, TCA Architects specializes in the planning and design of next generation, high density multi-family housing, retail, mixed-use and signature hospitality developments taking pride in helping shape quality environments for everyone. The firm’s collaborative approach and industry leading technological expertise have resulted in award-winning, sustainable projects that respect our communities and the environment. With studios in Irvine, Los Angeles and Oakland California, TCA has been recognized for their industry leading expertise in master planning and design for a variety of multi-family, hospitality and mixed-use projects.
TCA is seeking to add an Interior Design Project Manager to our Team. The Interior Design Project Manager is a talented, organized, self-motivated leader and team player. A passionate designer who is sensitive to the clients’ needs, budgets and deadlines and has the ability to direct and inspire excellence in a team. A sense of urgency is desired to respond and react to the fast paced industry with exceptional skills for follow through. A thorough understanding of the design process is necessary from conceptual, interior architectural elements, construction documents/specifications and administration, to installation.
- Plan, create and manage project schedules and budgets.
- Communicate and coordinate with management, clients, consultants, and contractors related to daily business operations.
- Guide, support and manage technical team and designers’ duties to ensure accurate preparation of project construction documents.
- Communication with and coordination of the preparation for documents with consultants, contractors, and team members.
- Review shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance.
- Documenting code review and compliance.
- Assist in the continued development of technical document templates.
- Troubleshooting production issues may require visiting city and clients as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to build trust, improve reputation and ensure clients have a positive experience.
- Travel for projects to oversee progress and for installation will be required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in large scale projects.
- Working knowledge of project types in our core markets – high-rise and mid-rise multifamily, students housing and mixed-use. Hospitality experience is a plus.
- Experience in all phases of design, concept through construction.
- Ability to manage a design team with a collaborative leadership style which puts value on relationship, both internal and external as well as ensures high quality design.
- Exceptional graphic presentation abilities.
- Ability to communicate effective in presentations and in writing.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting art signage, color and materials to carryout design intent.
- Experience and familiarity with custom fabrication.
- Proven ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Ability to use Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft OS.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, on multiple projects assigned to multiple offices.
Interior Architecture / Interior Design Degree from a CIDA accredited University
This position can be located in our Los Angeles or Irvine office. We offer a hybrid schedule of up to 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office.
About TCA Los Angeles:
TCA’s Downtown Los Angeles studio is within walking distance to numerous acclaimed restaurants, a burgeoning retail scene, the Fashion District, Staples Center, the Convention Center and Nokia’s LA Live. Lead by TCA Principal Eric Olsen, the staff enjoys its role as part of the vibrant urban environment. For those that live outside downtown, the studio has convenient access to a wide variety of public transportation such as the Metro system just blocks from the front door, as well as nearby Amtrak and Metrolink stations. And, with the boom of residential housing in the area, many of the team members have chosen to live, work and play right in the heart of Downtown LA!
TCA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and paid time off. We also offer bonus opportunities and the opportunity to work a flexible schedule with half days on Friday.
As part of our commitment to our staff’s professional development, TCA provides a full library of materials to train and expose young professionals to various areas of architecture and become more well-rounded Architects as they prepare for licensure. TCA also reimburses for successfully completed AXP tests and ARE exam, as well as CA licensing fees.
TCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. TCA is following all Cal/OSHA regulations regarding COVID-19 policies.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.