INTERMEDIATE INTERIOR DESIGNER – Los Angeles
TCA Architects specializes in the planning and design of next-generation, high-density multi-family housing, mixed-use and signature hospitality developments – taking pride in helping shape quality environments for everyone. The firm’s collaborative approach and industry-leading technological expertise have resulted in award-winning, sustainable projects that respect our communities and the environment.
An Intermediate Interior Designer at TCA is passionate about design. The Intermediate Interior Designer will work directly with the project team leaders and whose primary role responsibility will be the design and documentation of interior design projects. The designer will begin to take responsibility for designing and coordinating multifamily projects with direction and oversight. The Intermediate Interior Designer’s role will vary depending on the specific nature and size of the projects.
- Collaborate, assist and initiate ideas, design concepts with the project team.
- Generate design sketches, space planning, floor plans, elevations to facilitate design concepts.
- Prepare presentation materials, and sample boards.
- Produce hardline set in Design Development and Construction Documentation phases.
- Collaborate during Construction Administration Phase.
- Assist in developing details library for the Interior Design Department.
- Coordinate and interact with Architects, various consultants and vendors throughout the projects.
- Assist project team leaders in research, sourcing and pricing of furniture and materials.
- FF&E documentation.
- Willingness and ability to travel for project-related responsibilities.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in large scale projects.
- High-rise and mid-rise multi-family, affordable housing and student housing project experience is preferred.
- Skilled at programming, space planning, furniture layouts, reflected ceiling plans, and able to visualize a space in 3D.
- Knowledgeable in sourcing materials, finishes, and furnishing.
- Experience and familiarity with custom fabrication.
- Ability to express design ideas and solutions through hand sketching, digital modeling and renderings using our design technology tools, including Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch
Up and Enscape 3D.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft OS.
- High-level of attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to work in a team environment, on multiple projects assigned to multiple offices.
Interior Architecture / Interior Design Degree from a CIDA accredited University.
The Interior Designer will be located in our downtown Los Angeles office.
We offer a hybrid schedule of up to 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office.
About TCA Los Angeles:
TCA’s Downtown Los Angeles studio is within walking distance to numerous acclaimed restaurants, a burgeoning retail scene, the Fashion District, Staples Center, the Convention Center and Nokia’s LA Live. Lead by TCA Principal Eric Olsen, the staff enjoys its role as part of the vibrant urban environment. For those that live outside downtown, the studio has convenient access to a wide variety of public transportation such as the Metro system just blocks from the front door, as well as nearby Amtrak and Metrolink stations.
And, with the boom of residential housing in the area, many of the team members have chosen to live, work and play right in the heart of Downtown LA!
TCA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and paid time off. We also offer bonus opportunities and the opportunity to work a flexible schedule with half days on Friday.
As part of our commitment to our staff’s professional development, TCA provides a full library of materials to train and expose young professionals to various areas of architecture and become more well-rounded Architects as they prepare for licensure. TCA also reimburses for successfully completed AXP tests and ARE exam, as well as CA licensing fees.
TCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. TCA is following all Cal/OSHA regulations regarding COVID-19 policies.