Job Description & How to Apply Below
Aker Interiors Inc. (HQ in DTLA) is a High-end Residential Design Firm seeking an Interior Designer with a minimum of 3+ years of design experience. We are looking for a kind, hard working, self-motivated individual with a high attention to detail to join our team!
Must be located in Los Angeles.
Working with the Principal Designer & Director of Operations, the Interior Designer will be involved in all aspects of the design process.
Responsibilities will vary day to day, but the primary job responsibilities are listed below. The Interior Designer will work remotely, but candidate will be expected to meet with team periodically at the Aker Interiors showroom as well as at job sites.
Job Responsibilities (may include but not limited to)
- Personable with a positive attitude
- Strong initiative-see what needs to be done and complete it
- Independent self-starter
- Creative-willing to push the envelope aesthetically (no cookie cutter designs!)
- Knowledge of vendors in various styles & price points to source from
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal
- Intelligent problem solver-able to handle and solve the constant curveballs
- Solutions oriented
- Organized & efficient
- High attention to detail
- Willing to learn (egos left at the door)
Required Software-Must be Proficient!
- Sketch Up
- Google Drive & Dropbox
* Rendering Software (
* preferred but not required)
* Valid drivers license and insurance required*
* Must be Covid-19 vaccinated
We are looking for candidates with a great attitude who are eager to work hard and learn the interior design process from inception to installation. Job requires 40 hours per week.
When applying, please respond with your strengths & your favorite aspects of the design process. Please send visuals of past work (project images, design boards, etc.) as well as a mood or design board showcasing your personal aesthetic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA:
Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Interior design: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Search for further Jobs Here: