NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities.
We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ in an Interior Design Lead role.
NBBJ is seeking a talented, highly motivated Interior Design Lead who can work independently and collaboratively with a team on the design of high-performance environments. This Interior Designer will join a dynamic design studio with an award winning interior design practice working regionally, nationally and globally. Working closely with clients, multi-disciplinary teams, and studio design leaders, our project designers are responsible for conceptualizing and integrating ideas into space, expression and experience.
The successful candidate will embody strong conceptual design abilities, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the motivation to engage with the array of NBBJ’s resources in achieving high-performance, idea driven, sustainable outcomes.
* Minimum 10-12 years of professional experience in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
* Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture; NCIDQ preferred
* Knowledge of all aspects of interior design including tenant improvement design, space planning, programming, color and material selection, FF&E, lighting design, and vendor management
* Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills required
* Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers
* LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
* Previous experience working on large, complex healthcare projects desired
* Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD and Revit; knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, desired
What you will need to Succeed:
* Previous experience working in conceptual design and schematic design phases on commercial projects
* Experience with interior documentation and detailing, casework detailing and modeling
* Creation of presentation books and materials
* Interior 3D models
* Renderings of fixtures, casework and furnishings
* Experience with furniture selection and specification
* Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
* Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment