Ida Rupp Public Library and its branches offer a variety of programs in May. (Photo: Sheri Trusty/Correspondent)
PORT CLINTON – The calendar for all locations of the Ida Rupp Public Library includes the following. All locations will be closed May 31 in observance of Memorial Day.
• Under the Sea Activity Bags, Ida Rupp Public Library; children. Pick up a kit at the library with all the supplies needed. Kits will be available while supplies last.
• Yarn Ball Decorations, Port Clinton, adults. Get in the spirit of spring with light and bright yarn balls. Make brightly colored yarn balls to hang or place as decoration. Pick up the free take-and-make kit at the library. One per family, while supplies last.
• Books and Brews Book Club, via Zoom hosted by Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; 6:30-7:30 p.m.; adults. Join in the fun as we learn what everyone is reading.
• Writer’s Group, via Zoom hosted by Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; 6-7 p.m.; adults. Do you wish you knew more about what steps to take next with your writing? Need someone to critique your work? Our resident writing guru, Brenda Haas, hosts this monthly meeting. All writers welcome.
• Crafts with Miss Kristen, via Ida Rupp Public Library Facebook; 10 a.m., Children. Watch as Miss Kristen teaches you how to make a balloon stress ball.
• Birds, Birds, Birds, Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; adults. Stop by the library to pick up a bird guide and map of area birding locations. Come early in the month because these kits are first come, first served.
• Stay at Home Movie Night, Erie Islands Library; families. Create a Let’s Stay In movie night. Check out one of the bundles with a movie (”Babe”), a bag of popcorn, fun props for up to four movie watchers and some munchies.
• Virtual Escape Room for Teens, online; alldDay. Teens in grades six-12 are invited to visit a virtual escape room. Teens will follow clues to break out of the digital room. Go to idarupp.org/programs, choose this event on the calendar to find the link.
• Limericks, Libraries, and Llamas, Ida Rupp Public Library; (through May 15), adults. Celebrate Limerick Day on May 12 by writing your own. Pick up a template and get creative. Completed limericks may be turned in to the main desk to receive a prize.
• Story Time with Miss Kristen, via Ida Rupp Public Library Facebook; 10 a.m., preschool/toddlers. Listen to stories about turtles and see a turtle craft project.
• Cookbook Club, via Zoom hosted by Erie Islands Library; 5:30-7 p.m.; adults. This month’s theme is Desserts (yum). While we won’t be able to taste each other’s handiwork, we can share how to make it. Get creative in describing the taste and texture to your fellow chefs and be ready to share any tips or tricks for a successful recipe.
• Pulitzer Prize Book Club, via Zoom hosted by Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; 4-5 p.m.; adults. Join this lively group of readers in their next Pulitzer Prize adventure. This month’s title to be discussed is the 1986 winner, Lonesome Dove by Larry McCurty.
• Trivia Night, via Zoom hosted by Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; 6:30-7:30 p.m.; all ages. Test your knowledge and win a prize.
• Book Sale, Erie Islands Library; all ages. During the Island-Wide Garage Sale, Erie Islands Library will have a Sidewalk Sale in front of the library. Stop by to pick up a few great selections.
• Wind Chimes, Port Clinton, adults. Wind chimes evoke summer evenings relaxing in the yard. Pick up a free take-and-make kit at the library. One per family, while supplies last.
• Movie Trivia, Ida Rupp Public Library; (May 31), Adults. Love movies? Test your knowledge with our game of movie trivia. Pick up a list of trivia questions at the library.
• Watcha Watching? via Zoom hosted by Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; 4-5 p.m.; Have you been watching more television than normal? Are you looking for recommendations? Join us to chat about series, movies, and streaming.
• Words and Wine Book Club, via Zoom hosted by Erie Islands Library; 5:30-7 p.m.; adults. Join from the comfort of your home and share a book you have read all while enjoying a beverage of your own choosing. Even if you haven’t had time to read, you are welcome to join us to hear what others are suggesting.
• Crafts with Miss Kristen, via Ida Rupp Public Library Facebook; 10 a.m, children. Watch as Miss Kristen teaches how to make a dream catcher from an ordinary paper plate.
• Magnetic Slim Take & Make Kits, Ida Rupp Public Library; teens. Magnetic slime has iron in it and is attracted to a strong magnet. Watch it ooze along to the magnetic pull and even “swallow” the magnet! Kits will be available while supplies last.
• Picnic Plans, Ida Rupp Public Library; adults. Get your barbecue on with some great recipes, games and decorations.
• Story Time with Miss Kristen, via Ida Rupp Public Library Facebook; 10 a.m, preschool/toddlers. Listen for book reviews on the latest children’s books.
• Teen Fact or Fiction Challenge, Ida Rupp Public Library; all day, teens. Is it true or is it false? Teens are invited to stop by the library with a parent/guardian to pick-up a packet to test their knowledge.
• Science and Literacy Activity Kit, Marblehead Peninsula Branch Library; children. Kick off the summer with some science fun. This month we will have kits to make your own bouncy ball along with a great book about balls. Stop in and pick one up while supplies last.
Read or Share this story: https://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/story/news/2021/04/29/ida-rupp-library-branches-share-may-events/7396551002/